Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The great wheat debate

We took T to the naturopath yesturday. When she and Deah were super-sick two weeks ago the little patches of rash on T's arms and legs cleared right up. The wonders of a sick-induced fasting! Since she's been back to her rambuctious self the patches have come back and with a venegence. She has never complained about them but they really needed to be more thoroughly checked out than the 5 second glace from our G.P. Deah and I had been kicking around the idea of getting T tested for food sensitivites and the naturopath confirmed that idea. As well as taking her off wheat and dairy since we're suspicious they are the main culprits of the rash. Changing T's bread over to a wheat free one really wouldn't be that hard as well as making other wheat free changes. However, if I have to take her off dairy the fight I would have telling her no to frozen yogurt is not one I look forward to. I think I would rather have her throw her toothbrush at me a million times over (another story for another day). So the test is Friday afternoon with the instructions to have her abstine from alcohol, caffeine and drugs. Yes, I did mention the test was for a 3 year old.

No comments: