Thursday, January 29, 2009

Let there be noise

It's been a whirlwind of a week with Deah and the kids gone to Nova Scotia. It's funny because being the "one left behind" you think of all the fun things you can do: stay up to midnight, sleep in past 6, drink beer, order in food that has wheat and garlic in it. But not so much for me. I certainly did do all those things, however I also built a wall, primed and painted said wall, cooked three meals to put in the freezer, helped a friend do prep work for a 100 guest catering job, patched a hole, organized 3 photo albums, painted a bathroom ceiling, cleaned the oven and oh yeah worked 6 or the 7 days they've been gone. I can honestly say that I am excited for them to come home tonight so that I have to stop doing reno projects and start playing Dora again! Lake was 6 weeks old when he left and is coming back to me 7 weeks old. I miss his smell, his eyes, his cry. I miss Tym's laugh, her goofiness, her sense of adventure. I miss Deah's smile, her comfort and the ease of being with her. I can't wait to have the house loud, dirty and chaotic again! T-3 hours till arrival.

No comments: