Monday, December 29, 2008

Abscence makes the heart grow fonder

Today is my first official day back to work - albeit a modified day. I won't be back to regular hours of 10-7 till February, but working 12-5 is enough for now. As I was hanging out with Lake this morning I couldn't help but notice the changes in him already. He is starting to be more reactive to noise/sound. It still takes him a little while but he is starting to look for the origin of whomever is talking to him - especially when Tym is around. There is a difference in him when she is talking/yelling/singing/shouting/doing anything. I'm not sure if it's because he is trying to figure out a way to crawl back into the comforts of the womb where he was safe from her, or if he is eagerly waiting to see what she'll do/say next. He is also starting to "talk" more. I forgot how adorable the coo-ing stage is - especially when they surprise themselves by doing it. He is really quite a great baby and already a bit of a drama king (queen?). When I change his diaper he lets me know in no uncertain terms how upset this makes him. Right when I'm almost finished his cry changes to one of "fine - i give up, but I'm still not happy about this!" If he keeps it up, Tym may have a run for her money in the drama department!

No comments: